- track student growth over time
- ensure that every student is targeted at his/her level
- follow up with students on goals/last teaching points
- collect authentic and anecdotal data that we can use later
- gather groups of similar readers and writers for an additional focused mini-lesson
- pick up new strategies and techniques that our students are doing on their own
While we're all continuing to fine-tune our conferring skills, there's the logistical aspect of conferring that we can easily conquer by using our iPads and the Confer app. I know, I know, not another techie thing, right? Before you decide on whether you'd use it or not, check out this online introduction:
When I saw the quick grouping feature, I was hooked. I used to keep notes and cross-check them to try and find out which kids needed what. With this app though, it's just a click away. Of course the other features of uploading existing notes (i.e. curriculum standards) doesn't sound bad either.
So what do you say? I'm game if you are.